Thursday's transfer gossip and football rumours
By Sporting Life
07:25 · THU April 15, 2021
Thursday's transfer gossip and rumours in the world of football according to the national newspapers.
- Declan Rice sounded out Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw on what it is like at Manchester United while away with England, according to reports.
- PSG are preparing an audacious player-swap move in a bid to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, according to reports.
- William Saliba will reportedly be considered for the Arsenal first team next season after impressing during his loan spell at Nice.
- Lucas Torreira looks set to stay at Arsenal with a move to Boca Juniors looking 'unlikely', according to reports in South America.
- Yangel Herrera says it is his dream to play under Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.
- Red Star Belgrade have been punished for racist abuse aimed at Zlatan Ibrahimovic earlier this year.
- Mohamed Salah is reportedly concerned Liverpool may consider cashing in on him this summer after he flirted with a move away in recent months.
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman urged Boris Johnson to intervene in the takeover of Newcastle by telling the Premier League to 'correct' its decision to block the deal.
- Phil Foden was less than impressed following his heroics in Dortmund after a tweet was published on his official Twitter account without his approval.
- Arsenal are unlikely to renew the contract of centre-back David Luiz this summer, according to reports.
- Fulham have joined a number of teams interested in making a permanent move for Chelsea youngster Ike Ugbo.
- The Lions and Premiership clubs remain at daggers drawn over player release for a pre-tour camp with a key meeting set for next week.
- Gini Wijnaldum has given Liverpool hope of him staying at Anfield beyond the summer when his contract expires.
- Wolves are interested in signing Iceland prodigy Isak Bergmann Johannesson from IFK Norrkoping but are worried about getting a post-Brexit work permit.
- Manchester United have sent scouts to watch AFC Wimbledon goalkeeper Matthew Cox.
- Crystal Palace are yet to decide on whether there will be a change in the dugout next season after their longest consecutive run in the Premier League, but one manager catching the eye is Valerien Ismael at Barnsley.
- Everton midfielder Mo Besic is a target for Reading this summer when his contract runs out at Goodison Park.
- The Carabao Cup final has been engulfed by accusations of discrimination and poor treatment of fans as plans for the return of crowds were condemned by supporters' groups.
- A fan zone for up to 12,500 supporters to watch England's Euro 2021 matches on outdoor screens is being planned for Trafalgar Square.
- James Maddison, Ayoze Perez and Hamza Choudhury will train with their Leicester team-mates on Wednesday for the first time since breaching Covid regulations.
- Everton have identified Norwich City's Max Aarons as an option at right-back and will look to haggle down his £30m asking price.
- Wimbledon has revealed that a new 8,000-seat show court and 38 additional grass courts are part of plans for the largest expansion in its history.
- Luka Modric has encouraged Kylian Mbappe to join Real Madrid if the La Liga champions attempt a move for him in the summer transfer window.
- Bernd Leno has opened the door to a departure from Arsenal, with contract talks yet to begin between the German and the Gunners.
- Jesse Lingard is reportedly undecided on his Manchester United future, despite Ole Gunnar Solskjaer launching a charm offensive.
- Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo is being linked with an incredible return to Manchester United this summer.
- Arsenal star Folarin Balogun rejected approaches from 15 clubs as he signs a new contract at the Gunners.
- Chelsea transfer guru Marina Granovskaia is ready to put a host of first-team players up for sale in order to fund a move for Erling Haaland, reports suggest.
- Lionel Messi has helped to obtain 50,000 Covid vaccines from China for an ambitious but controversial plan to inoculate all of South America's football players before this summer's Copa America tournament.
- Chelsea are apparently willing to go all-out in order to sign Sevilla centre-back Jules Kounde, and will even offer them Hakim Ziyech in exchange.
- Former Celtic manager Neil Lennon is at the centre of a police probe over claims he was involved in an alleged cross-border Covid-breach.
- Callum Davidson would love to keep on-loan Rangers winger Glenn Middleton for next season.
- Patryk Klimala has jetted out to New York to complete his Red Bulls move.
- Morton are bracing themselves to be hammered by the SFA after breaching Covid rules to play in a bounce match for trialists.
- Leo Hjelde's dad has revealed the Celtic defender is being tracked by a number of clubs but is targeting a first-team breakthrough next term.