Monday's transfer gossip and football rumours
By Sporting Life
07:43 · MON April 12, 2021
Monday's transfer gossip and rumours in the world of football according to the national newspapers.
- Football League clubs are pushing for next Saturday's 3pm fixtures to be played on Friday night so not to clash with Prince Philip's funeral.
- Mikel Arteta admits the relief of a much-needed Arsenal victory was spoiled by yet another injury headache.
- Marouane Fellaini could make a shock return to the Premier League this summer with Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho reportedly planning a reunion with the former Manchester United midfielder.
- Sam Allardyce has warned his West Brom players relegation is likely to mean club staff losing their jobs.
- Carlo Ancelotti wants his squad to embrace the pressure of needing to deliver and show they remain in the hunt for European football.
- Scotland's Steve Tandy has emerged as the frontrunner for the Lions defence coach vacancy after Warren Gatland was forced into a major reshuffle of his coaching team.
- Sport will pay its respects to Prince Philip by moving fixtures and halting play during the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral on Saturday.
- James Tavernier, the Rangers captain, is "pushing hard" to be involved in this weekend's Scottish Cup tie against Celtic, the timing of which has yet to be decided.
- Galatasaray forward Radamel Falcao is to undergo surgery after suffering a facial injury during training.
- Manchester United have been in contact with Pau Torres' representatives ahead of a potential move, according to reports in Spain.
- Four Leicester City stars at a Covid-flouting house party were busted by their manager Brendan Rodgers - then hid before cops arrived.
- Arsenal have been dealt major blow after Mikel Arteta confirmed Kieran Tierney will miss the rest of the season - with Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli also picking up injuries on Sunday.
- PSG have reportedly made contact with Liverpool star Mohamed Salah.
- Konstantinos Mavropanos has refused to commit his future to Arsenal - despite only signing a new contract last year.
- West Ham aim to swoop for QPR's giant Senegalese goalkeeper Seny Dieng.
- Hartlepool goalkeeper Brad Young could be on his way to Leicester in a bargain deal.
- Daniel Levy has already reportedly decided he will have to stick by Jose Mourinho next season because it will cost too much to sack him.
- Jesse Lingard's previous views on Arsenal and playing at the Emirates Stadium could dash any hopes Gunners' fans have of seeing the midfielder move to their club.
- Liverpool must act quickly to sign Pedri in the summer transfer window as Barcelona have their own plan in place.
- AC Milan are ready to offer Celtic loan defender Diego Laxalt as part of their bid to land Odsonne Edouard.
- Fans are still waiting to find out when next weekend's Scottish Cup ties will be played - but they look certain to be moved after the Scottish Grand National was put back 24 hours to Sunday to avoid a clash with Prince Philip's funeral.
- Dundee United manager Micky Mellon has emerged as a shock contender to take charge of English League One side Doncaster Rovers.
- Hampden bosses will hold an emergency breakfast meeting on Monday morning in a bid to thrash out a contingency plan to reschedule this weekend's packed Scottish Cup card around the funeral of Prince Phillip.
- Hearts are set to celebrate their Championship title with a trophy day on the weekend of the Scottish Cup quarter-finals - if Inverness are knocked out by St Mirren this Saturday.