Friday's transfer gossip and football rumours
By Sporting Life
07:37 · FRI April 16, 2021
Friday's transfer gossip and rumours in the world of football according to the national newspapers.
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
- Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti has opened the door for Paris Saint-Germain to make a substantial bid for on-loan striker Moise Kean but the club have placed a £45m price tag on the Italy international.
- Phil Foden has decided to part ways with the social media company that runs his Twitter account over a contentious message to Kylian Mbappe in the immediate aftermath of Manchester City's Champions League quarter-final triumph over Borussia Dortmund.
- The £305m Saudi Arabia-backed bid to buy Newcastle United will be re-submitted if the club wins its arbitration case against the Premier League.
- Manchester United are ready to step up their pursuit of Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic with the defender's transfer fee set at £38m this summer.
- Barnsley have warned Crystal Palace off nicking boss Valerien Ismael this summer.
- Harry Kane can be forgiven for considering his future at Tottenham with Manchester United claimed to be interested, according to Dimitar Berbatov.
- Sead Kolasinac is willing to take a 50 per cent pay cut to make his loan move to Schalke permanent this summer, according to reports.
- The Premier League has shifted its calendar to allow each club to play in front of its own supporters - but no away fans will be admitted.
- Europe's biggest clubs are expected to make a grab for greater control of the Champions League, when they hold crucial talks on Friday.
- The attack on Real Madrid's team bus by Liverpool supporters only served to spur on the Spanish side, claims Federico Valverde.
- Carlos Vinicius looks unlikely to return to Benfica next season, with a Premier League battle between Tottenham and Wolves brewing over his signature.
- Lucas Torreira has continued to make his feelings clear to Arsenal that he is desperate to join Boca Juniors.
- Footballers are paying as much as £4,000 a month to outsource their social media activity.
- Watford are set to offer Ashley Young a shock return to the club - 14 years after he left Vicarage Road.
- Mauricio Pochettino has promised Paris Saint-Germain fans he will 'fight' to keep hold of star man Kylian Mbappe amid strong interest from Real Madrid.
- Netherlands boss Frank de Boer has told Virgil van Dijk to forget about playing in this summer's European Championships and instead focus on his Liverpool comeback.
- Arsenal face losing Eddie Nketiah after convincing Folarin Balogun to sign a new deal at the Emirates.
- Paul Pogba says Granada's players were trying to get him sent off during his fleeting appearance for Manchester United in the Europa League quarter-finals.
- Mo Farah and Dina Asher-Smith are expected to lead a strong British contingent at a Diamond League meeting in the North East next month after the event was switched from Morocco to Gateshead.
- Carlo Ancelotti has claimed a central midfielder and striker are not transfer priorities for Everton this summer because the club trust Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Paris Saint-Germain have yet to make a permanent move for Moise Kean.
- Mino Raiola's demands for Erling Haaland have forced one Premier League side to "pull out" of a transfer.
- Manchester United and Liverpool are among the club eyeing up a move for Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic, who brands himself the 'Serbian Zlatan Ibrahimovic'.
- Scottish football is set for a huge Covid shot in the arm next month with padlocks set to come off the turnstiles in time to let fans in for the end-of-season top-flight playoffs.
- Jubilant Stephen Glass has revealed Celtic were on the phone trying to keep Scott Brown when he was up signing his pre-contract.
- Former Rangers boss Alex McLeish believes Celtic need to get the "wheels turning again" in their search to name Neil Lennon's permanent successor.
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Cops probing claims Neil Lennon breached Covid rules with an alleged cross-border pub trip have said no English laws were broken.
- Jim Goodwin has been given a three-match ban by the SFA after confronting ref Don Robertson.
- Manchester United have held talks about a blockbuster deal for Erling Haaland with Mino Raiola, according to reports.